Could your living room use an update? If you’re interested in making it more modern and appealing, there are several ways to accomplish this. The experts at Bel Furniture have some helpful tips about how to create a modern living room you and your family will love.
- Keep the furniture simple. You want clean lines and sleek silhouettes, with nothing bulky or cluttered. Consider a sofa with tapered metal or wooden legs, with tight upholstery and arms that aren’t overstuffed. Don’t overwhelm your space with furniture that’s too big for it, so measure carefully before you head to the living room furniture store. Embrace the idea of bold colors, which can add an ultra-modern appeal.
- Add a touch of metallic shine. You don’t want so much metal that your living room feels cold and sterile, but incorporating some shine can give a modern touch. Do it subtly, with metal on furniture legs, hardware, and light fixtures, or make a big splash with a metal-framed wall mirror or a metal sputnik chandelier. As long as you don’t overdo it, metal can help you make your living room feel stylish and modern.
- Create a focal point. A modern living room needs something bold to pull everything together. What will you choose? Will your focal point be an oversized piece of art, a unique sculpture, or a stunning piece of living room furniture? Spend some time browsing a modern living room store or home décor website if you need some fresh ideas. Your focal point can even be a tiled fireplace or a feature wall, as long as it ties the various elements in the room together.
- Make the most of accent pieces. You’d be surprised at how much of a difference the right ottoman, bench, chaise lounge chairs, or accent table can make. These furniture pieces can be extremely useful, and when you choose furniture with a modern silhouette, they can have a big impact on the look of your room. Work in a few interesting accent pieces to create an eclectic modern vibe.
- Mix your materials for maximum impact. Don’t be afraid to play around with a variety of materials and textures, which can make your room feel more curated and distinctive. Head to a quality furniture store and you’ll find a wide range of options, from natural materials like seagrass and wicker to solids surfaces in glass, metal and wood. Mixing these different textures will give your living room a modern feel and make it uniquely yours.
Bel Furniture is the largest family owned factory direct furniture company in Texas. We have 19 showrooms and 3 distribution centers across Texas. We pride ourselves with offering the largest selection of furniture and mattresses in Texas. We source furniture directly from factories to cut out the middle man so we can offer the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD. Our inventory includes furnishings made of Solid wood, American made and our own Texas Home Collection made right here in Texas. Our corporate office is located in Houston in the heart of Texas. We are so confident we have the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD that we back it up with our 180 day price guarantee. This price protection guarantee not only covers any competitors advertised products but it also covers any promotions or sales that we advertise, so you can rest assured no matter when you purchase from Bel Furniture you will always get the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD.