When you’re shopping for furniture, it’s important to choose pieces that reflect your personal style. But what if your personal style isn’t well defined? Before you head to the home furniture store, you’ll want to know whether wood furniture or iron furniture is more in keeping with your desired aesthetic and your lifestyle. How do you know which is better? Let’s take a look at the factors to consider when choosing between wood and iron.
- In terms of aesthetics, wood and metal can be equally beautiful. You can get older wooden pieces with elaborate carvings, but new wooden furniture is sleeker and more modern. If you’re looking for something delicate and elegant, wrought iron furniture may be just right for you.
- Which is more durable, wood or iron? Wooden furniture is sturdy and can withstand a lot of abuse. Metal can also be durable, but only if it’s made with high-quality workmanship. Wood ages well, and true metal can age beautifully as well, but metallic finishes often rust and dent over time. If you’re using the furniture outside, be aware that wood is more easily damaged by sun and rain, while metal can stand up to the elements.
- No matter which you choose, you’ll have a wide range of styles from which to choose. Whether you’re looking for home office furniture or something for the living room, you can find a variety of styles, colors, and finishes. Wooden pieces come in different types of wood, and you can stain them, paint them or leave them in their natural state. Metallic furniture can also be painted, and can have elaborate carvings and designs that can enhance your décor.
- Which furniture is more expensive? This largely depends on the furniture store you where you shop. You can find pieces in a wide price range, no matter which type you prefer. Typically, wooden pieces are more expensive than metal but have a higher resale value. So, one thing to consider is whether you’re going to eventually want to sell your furniture.
- Iron furniture requires less maintenance than wood. Metal furniture is impervious to pests and insects, and doesn’t require any more attention than an occasional wipe-down with a cloth. Wooden furniture must be polished, and scratches repaired, to keep it looking its best.
- Wooden furniture is easier to move than iron. While wooden furniture has pieces that can be taken apart and put back together with screws and a drill, iron furniture typically has pieces that are joined by welding.
- Ultimately, the choice is subjective. Which appeals to you, wood or iron? There are pros and cons to each type of furniture, and you can even mix the two if it fits your décor.
Bel Furniture is the largest family owned factory direct furniture company in Texas. We have 19 showrooms and 3 distribution centers across Texas. We pride ourselves with offering the largest selection of furniture and mattresses in Texas. We source furniture directly from factories to cut out the middleman so we can offer the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD, and we also offer financing and lease to own options. Our inventory includes furnishings made of Solid wood, American made and our own Texas Home Collection made right here in Texas. Our corporate office is located in Houston in the heart of Texas. We are so confident we have the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD that we back it up with our 180 day price guarantee. This price protection guarantee not only covers any competitors advertised products, but it also covers any promotions or sales that we advertise, so you can rest assured no matter when you purchase from Bel Furniture you will always get the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD. For a quality furniture store with outstanding furniture at “unbeataBEL” prices, head to a location near you or contact us through our website today.