When you’re looking for a place to relax and entertain friends and family this summer, it’s wonderful to be able to find it in your own back yard. With the right patio furniture, your outdoor living space can be a beautiful extension of your home. One piece that can make a big impact is an outdoor sectional, but how do you choose the right one? The first step is to choose the right outdoor furniture store, like Bel Furniture. Once you’ve found the store, what are some other factors you need to consider?
- Choose high quality materials. You’ll need your outdoor furniture to stand up to some punishment, so look closely at not just the outer materials, but also the frame. Powder-coated aluminum and solid teak wood frames are excellent options, and all-weather rope or wicker and solid teak are good for the outer materials. Make sure whatever you choose will fit in well with your existing patio furniture.
- Think about the seating capacity you need. How many people are in your family? How many guests are you likely to entertain on your patio? If you’ve typically got a large crowd, a small outdoor sectional is not likely to meet your needs. You’ll be better off looking for an oversized set, where everyone can sit comfortably. When in doubt, err on the side of larger furniture, because it’s better to have too much space than too little.
- Carry your style into your outdoor space. What’s your indoor aesthetic? Think about this when you’re looking at outdoor furniture. You want your design to flow harmoniously from inside to outside. There are beautiful L-shaped, U-shaped, and O-shaped outdoor sectionals on the market, so you’re sure to find something that fits your aesthetic sensibilities.
- Measure carefully, to get the size right. Carefully measure the area where your furniture will go, and measure the furniture before you purchase anything. Consider how the furniture will fit, and make sure it’s not going to be too crowded, but has room for people to walk around the space.
- Choose a sectional that’s weather-resistant. Your outdoor furniture must stand up to the elements, so look for material that’s durable, rustproof, and able to repel water and resist mildew. When it comes to the upholstery, it should be able to sit in the sun without fading, and the cushions must be able to dry quickly after a storm.
- Think about whether you’ll want to expand it later. If you think you’ll need a bigger set later, consider a modular set so that you can add to it. There are also pieces like dining sets, lounge chairs, and side tables that can complement an outdoor sectional and make the patio a welcoming space.
Bel Furniture is the largest family owned factory direct furniture company in Texas. We have 19 showrooms and 3 distribution centers across Texas. We pride ourselves with offering the largest selection of furniture and mattresses in Texas. We source furniture directly from factories to cut out the middleman so we can offer the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD, and we also offer financing and lease to own options. Our inventory includes furnishings made of Solid wood, American made and our own Texas Home Collection made right here in Texas. Our corporate office is located in Houston in the heart of Texas. We are so confident we have the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD that we back it up with our 180 day price guarantee. This price protection guarantee not only covers any competitors advertised products, but it also covers any promotions or sales that we advertise, so you can rest assured no matter when you purchase from Bel Furniture you will always get the LOWEST PRICE PERIOD. For a quality furniture store with outstanding furniture at “unbeataBEL” prices, head to a location near you or contact us through our website today.