We all know due to the coronavirus outbreak worldwide, individuals are staying inside more than ever before; but germs can be everywhere. With all the time being at home, individuals are spending more time trying to pass their quarantine hours cleaning. Experts recommend wiping down any surfaces that you come in contact with regularly.
So why should your furniture go unnoticed while you are cleaning, especially your upholstered furniture? It would be a good idea to protect your family during the flu season and especially during the coronavirus pandemic. Make sure you keep your loved ones safe by using some of these measures in your day-to-day life. Here are some tips for sanitizing upholstery furniture.
Maintaining Good Health
Some items are overlooked during the cleaning process, especially the upholstered pieces. A couch, just like your bed, is a comfortable place to relax or sleep when you are not feeling well. However, since it is a high traffic area for most of the individuals that live within your household, you need to make sure that you are disinfecting to stop the spread of the virus within your home. Here are some tips for maintaining good health:
- Wash your hands often with sanitizing soap & warm water.
- Disinfect surfaces that you use a lot in your daily routine around your house.
- Vacuum often, even small crevices.
- Schedule professional cleaning on carpets, rugs, or upholstery items or buy the necessary equipment for you to do it at home.
How Do You Disinfect Upholstery Furniture?
There are many products out there to clean upholstery items such as leather cleaner, stain removers, foaming fabric spray, etc. However, there are also many at-home remedies you can do to save a few dollars. When it comes to leather upholstered items, make sure you are vacuuming all the crevices and dust off the piece with a soft, dampened cloth with water and dish soap. Some store-bought cleaners might damper the color or quality of the respected upholstered item.
Homemade Bleach Disinfectant:
- Four teaspoons household bleach
- 1-quart water
- Pour both into into a spray bottle or container and mix vigorously
- Spray or wipe on disinfectant onto a surface of furniture, wait 10 minutes, then with a damp, wet cloth wipe away residue
Proper professional upholstery or carpet cleaners can also help with making sure your furniture pieces are cleaned to stop the spread of viruses and germs. They can help you ease your mind from the coronavirus or if you'd like to sanitize and disinfect your furniture at home.
More Information on Protecting Your Household Furniture
- Proven Methods to Clean Water Stains Out of Fabric
- Protecting Leather Furniture from Cats
- Protecting Outdoor Furniture